Your Source For Affordable Dental Implants in Chula Vista CA
If you have experienced tooth loss and are now looking for the best way to replace your missing teeth to restore your smile and improve chewing, speaking and more, please reach out to us at 613 Dentistry in Southern California near San Diego. We’re the affordable Chula Vista dental implant specialists who want you to get the best care possible in a friendly, professional environment where your needs can be met without discomfort, hassles or any more time in the dental chair than necessary.
Dental implants were invented in 1952 and have steadily gained popularity over the decades – for good reason. They’re a safe, potentially permanent way to replace missing teeth. That’s why dental implants like the ones we use at our Chula Vista dental office are now the go-to choice – the current standard of care – for missing teeth replacement.
Placing an implant involves surgery, but this effective treatment is now more affordable than ever and comes with a long list of benefits that make it worth the price and the lengthy process that may be involved in preparing for and placing the implant.
How Much Does A Dental Implant Cost In Chula Vista?
We can’t answer that question without assessing your situation because so many factors are involved. Two of the most important things we must consider when pricing our dental implant service include which tooth or teeth needs to be replaced and which type of implant is recommended for your case. Contact us for a consultation so we can meet with you, determine your situation and see how we can help.
What Steps Are Involved In A Dental Implant?
The steps involved in dental implant placement depend on what has happened before you come to see us. We may have to clear up infection and other oral health concerns before we can start. Also, the placement process involves these steps:
- Removal of tooth or teeth. If this has already been done, we must determine if any fragments have been left behind which must be removed for proper dental implant site preparation.
- Site prep. If there are signs of bone loss, we may have to perform sinus augmentation or bone grafting to build up bone and tissue at the site so the implant has a solid base of support.
- Placement of the implant. An implant starts with a titanium post that serves as the root. At the same time, we place a healing cap to cover the post while it integrates with the bone and heals.
- Healing time. Healing usually takes from 2 to 6 months for full integration of the post with bone tissue. For aesthetic purposes, a temporary crown or denture can be placed. During healing, you will need to visit 613 Dentistry for checkups to prevent problems.
- Tooth replacement. After healing, an abutment or holder is placed on the tooth, impressions are taken and a permanent crown or tooth top is made. It is then secured to the abutment with a screw or cement. The crown material is one factor involved in dental implant cost.
Will Insurance Pay For Dental Implants?
Dental insurance does not usually pay for implants. Insurance companies consider implants elective even though they are the recognized standard of care for tooth loss. Some provides will cover the cost of the crown, which is only a small part of the expense.
For more about dental implants in Chula Vista CA at 613 Dentistry and to discuss the cost of the treatment you need, please contact our office for a consultation.